Early Childhood Teacher
Name of Center
Baer Family Early Childhood Learning Center
5151 NE 14th Terrace,
- Create and maintain a classroom that meets the physical, intellectual, social, and emotional needs of both the individual and the group of children assigned.
- Ensure that the environment is warm, inclusive, safe, orderly, clean, and appealing, and, which permits the children to explore and grow.
- Create and maintain a daily routine of cleanliness in the classroom to prevent illness/the spread of contagious illness. This includes: frequent handwashing, sanitizing toys, cleaning tables, etc.
- Daily ‘well-check’ of students at arrival time and throughout the school day.
- Meet with other teachers of the same level to plan lessons in advance, in writing, based on the developing skills of young children and the curriculum outline provided. To be sent to the Director or Assistant Director and to parents.
- Supervise and train the Early Childhood Assistant Teacher. Provide assistant with the opportunity to be a part of the planning and execution of lessons.
- Interact with the children and encourage their curiosity, interest and involvement. Edit lesson plans/unit plans as needed to meet the needs and interests of the children.
- Follow the Discipline Guidelines of the center using appropriate and positive discipline techniques.
- Observe, record and report individual and group behavior as required by the center.
- Maintain records and files as instructed (i.e. attendance, behavior records)
- Establish a positive partnership with parents through newsletters, daily reports, theme lesson plans and parent conferences as required by the center.
- Attend staff orientation, staff meetings, class programs such as Open House.
- Keep inventory of classroom supplies and notify the office when supplies are needed.
- CDA, AA or AS in Early Childhood Education
- Ability to relate joyfully and sensitively to children
- Complete the state required 45-hour Child Care Training course and all background screenings/coursework required for our Apple Accreditation
- Keep all credentials current and on-file with DCF and with the center