What is SR Provider Match? An Overview:
The SR Provider Match program affords early education centers, Family Child Care Homes (FCCH) and private businesses the opportunity to provide care for a low-income employee’s child at their child care program with a 50% partial reimbursement by ELC Broward.
Who can participate?
- The SR Provider Match program helps low to moderate wage-earning or hourly employees who are most in need of child care financial assistance.
- Families whose income is at or below 200% of the federal poverty level are eligible to participate.
- Families must meet School Readiness requirements.
- Parents must be working 20 hours or more within the childcare program. If any employee lives in a two-parent household, both parents must meet work requirements.
- The employer (child care provider) must have an active SR Provider Match agreement with ELC Broward and a certified School Readiness Contract.
- The SR Provider Match program provides care for children under thirteen (13) years old.
Benefits of the SR Provider Match Program:
- Less absenteeism and turnover, increased productivity and better employee morale in child care centers
- Federal & Tax Benefits
- A stronger and more dependable local work force
- Empowers families to work and contribute to economic stability
- Helps families balance the many competing demands in their lives
- Parent employees feel their child is receiving optimal care
- Opens opportunities for children to learn during critical development stages of life
- Prepares children for future school success and creates a foundation for learning
What is the enrollment process?
- Providers ask interested employees to complete a SR Provider Match Pre-Screening Form. For further assistance, please view our guide on how to submit a School Readiness Provider Match Form.
- Once the form is submitted electronically, the provider will receive a confirmation email. (Faxed or emailed packets are not accepted.)
- For questions regarding a submitted SR Provider Match Pre-Screening Form or SR Provider Match enrollment, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the review and notification process:
- Family Services staff will review the application within 10 calendar days.
- Employees are contacted if additional documentation is needed. All documentation must be received within 10 calendar days of the original submission. Incomplete applications cannot be processed after the 10th calendar day. A new initial application will be required.
- ELC Broward notifies providers and families once they are approved to participate in the SR Provider Match program.
Got a Question about the SR Provider Match Program?
See below. For further questions or more information, contact your Provider Relations Specialist.
The employee is to report all changes to ELC Broward within 14 calendar days of the change. Employees can contact ELC Broward’s customer service team at 954-377-2188 and will be given instructions for submitting their changes.
The reason for non-approval will vary for each family. Upon review, ELC Broward will provide information and next steps for the provider and employee in order to obtain approval.
Families will submit an annual application for redetermination through the family portal as all School Readiness families do. Their application will be reviewed by the team that is responsible for annual redeterminations.
Yes, the parent is responsible for parent fees based on the sliding fee schedule.
Annual enrollment takes place in March or April. Additional opportunities may occur throughout the year depending on funding, in which case School Readiness Providers will be notified.