Free Resources for Educators & Families
Below we've outline helpful resources from various organizations to help our educators and families stay healthy and informed during COVID-19. We will continue to update this list as we receive additional information. Also, please follow our Facebook page. We are sharing valuable resources for providers, parents, and the community.
Emergency Personnel Child Care Scholarship Renewal
New applications for the Emergency Personnel Child Care Scholarship Application are no longer being accepted. Families that are currently enrolled in the scholarship program may continue to receive services with a valid referral until December 31, 2020.
Child Care for Health Care Workers and First Responders Program Phase Out
The Office of Early Learning has provided important information regarding the phase-out of the Child Care for Health Care Workers and First Responders Program. Review the information here.
ELC Broward will continue to send out reminders regarding redetermination/renewal dates. Families will be instructed to complete a Child Care Application and Authorization (CCAA)/Renewal Form at that time.
Have Questions? We're happy to help!
Call us at 954-377-2188 and a Customer Service Specialist will be available to assist you!
- Coronavirus Emergency Loans Check list- The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act allocated $350 billion to help small businesses keep workers employed amid the pandemic and economic downturn. Known as the Paycheck Protection Program, the initiative provides 100% federally guaranteed loans to small businesses.
- Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan - Governor Ron DeSantis activated the Florida Business Emergency Bridge Loan Program to support small businesses impacted by COVID-19.
- Business Damage Assessment Survey - The State of Florida has activated the Business Damage Assessment Survey to assess the impact of COVID-19 on Florida's local business operations so actions to implement appropriate relief programs can begin.
- Florida Department of Economic Opportunity's Short Time Compensation program for Employers - this program helps employers retain their workforce in times of temporary slowdown by encouraging work sharing as an alternative to layoff.
- U.S. Small Business Administration Disaster Assistance in Response to Coronavirus - The SBA provides low-interest disaster loans to help businesses and homeowners recover from declared disasters.
- Price Gouging Hotline - Price gouging can be reported by calling 1(866) 9NO-SCAM or by visiting MyFloridaLegal.com. For tips on reporting price gouging, click here.
- Coronavirus Tax Relief - The IRS has established a special section focused on steps to help taxpayers, businesses and others affected by the coronavirus.
- Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at Florida Atlantic University (FAU). At FAU, the SBDC Team is working to support our businesses to overcome the impact of COVID-19.
- Check out some additional resources from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
- Child Tax Credit - The Child Tax Credit in the American Rescue Plan provides relief to most working families. Starting July 15, most families are eligible to receive monthly payments of up to $250 per child ages 6-17 and $300 per child under age 6. Please visit www.childtaxcredit.gov to learn more about this important benefit, and those that did not file taxes last year can use this tool provided by the IRS to sign up to receive benefits.
- The Florida Department of Children and Families is accepting rental assistance applications from tenants and landlords who are behind on their rent because of the COVID-1pandemic. Visit OURFlorida.com to apply. Applicants without access to the internet can apply by phone by calling 833-493-0594.
- American Red Cross Fire Safety Training - The American Red Cross is helping families develop escape plans and learn fire safety. Register your family for a 15-minute home fire safety call. Now thru June 30 you can register for this life-saving free training.
- OIC of South Florida’s (OIC-SFL) Teen Pregnancy Prevention Program will be hosting another Family Engagement Series this week. Families that attend will be eligible to receive a $50 gift card for the session.
- Broward County Public Schools Food and Nutrition Services is offering FREE Grab-and-Go meals for children to ensure they have access to nutritious meals over the Thanksgiving Break. For a list of schools visit the Broward County Public School website.
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) - Residential customers who receive federal assistance through the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) or the Emergency Home Energy Assistance for the Elderly Program (EHEAP) will receive an automatic $20 credit on their monthly FPL bill starting in December that will extend through December 2021. The LIHEAP program provides low-income families with financial assistance for electric bill payments. Eligibility is based on income and household size. The Broward County LIHEAP Program is for Broward County residents only.
- Community Foundation of Broward - An emergency grant from the Community Foundation enables Habitat for Humanity of Broward to help struggling residents stay in their home. This includes living in a new afforably priced neighborhood in Pompano Beach. For more information, email email@example.com or call 954-761-9503.
- Urban League of Broward County Family First Community Relief Fund - This funding was established to help Urban League clients and other Broward County individuals and families.
- Food and Nutrition Services For Student and Families - Broward County Public Schools (BCPS) will continue to support students and their families through the coronavirus crisis by offering its grab-and-go meal service, which has been expanded from nine to 47 locations: 23 elementary schools, nine middle schools and 15 high schools throughout Broward County. Español | Haitian-kreyòl | Português
- OIC of South Florida (OIC-SFL) is looking to connect with career-inspired individuals looking to #FindACareer. Do you know someone who is unemployed or a returning citizen looking to successfully integrate and in need of training for a new career? OIC-SFL is here to help. They offer FREE vocational training for industry-recognized certifications as well as a pathway to careers of interest. View the flyer.
- Are you currently unemployed due to the COVID-19 pandemic? CareerSource Broward is currently hiring! To apply, go to: https://disasterjobs.careersourcebroward.com/
- According to South Florida Business & Wealth, companies like Amazon and Publix are quickly hiring to deal with changing business decisions. Check out your local grocery stores and local essential businesses to inquire about additional job openings.
- The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity also provides information on their Reemployment Assistance Service Center webpage such as temporary wage replacement benefits, job assistance and more.
- Food and Nutrition Services For Student and Families - Broward County Public Schools (BCPS) will continue to support students and their families through the coronavirus crisis by offering its grab-and-go meal service, which has been expanded from nine to 47 locations: 23 elementary schools, nine middle schools and 15 high schools throughout Broward County.
- Find Your Local Food Bank (Feeding America)
- Emergency Grant Request – for school districts and nonprofit organizations to support food access for children and families affected by school closures. (No Kid Hungry)
- MyPlate Kids Place – Games, Activity Sheets, Videos and Songs (USDA)
- MyPlate Snack Tips for Parents (USDA)
- Protect Your Health with Immune-Boosting Nutrition (Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics)
- NutriStudents K-12 Free COVID-19 Emergency Menu for Schools
- Nutrition Games, Printables and More by Nourish Interactive
- CATCH Health at Home Nutrition Education Resources for Parents