Early Childhood Teacher Assistant
Name of Center
Baer Family Early Childhood Learning Center
5151 NE 14th Terrace
- To assist the lead teacher in providing a warm, nurturing, educational environment in which young grow physically, emotionally, socially, spiritually and intellectually.
- Interact, initiate and encourage the children in activities during the day.
- Help children learn/grow by using a positive, appropriate approach in a consistent manner.
- Provide modeling and assist in children learning independent life skills.
- Show respect and warmth to parents.
- Assist the teacher in planning activities for the group.
- Model cooperation and a supportive ‘team’ attitude in the classroom.
- Assist the teacher in all requested areas.
- CDA/AA in early childhood education preferable.
- DCF 45-hours preferable; required within 1 year of employment.
- CPR/1st-Aid certification preferable; required within 1 year of employment.
- Prior experience with young children preferable-early childhood setting, babysitting, nannying, etc.
- Ability relate joyfully and sensitively to pre-school children.
- Evidence of enough security and judgment to handle crisis situations.
- Ability to use appropriate and positive discipline as directed by lead teacher.
- Reliable, dependable, responsible and possess physical stamina. Able to lift 20-25 lbs.
- Willingness to abide by Covid-19 protocols/restrictions that may be in place.
- Ability to work with a very diverse parent/student population; the DPJCC Singer Early Childhood Center is proudly guided by Jewish principles and is open to all.