Early Childhood Instructor I
Name of Center
City of Miramar Miramarvels Academy
2300 Civic Center Pl.
- Under general supervision, leads and conducts indoor and outdoor activities to encourage learning and develop social interaction skills for children in a day care program. Provides safe, stimulating environment for young children. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Performs classroom-teaching duties, follows pre-approved lesson plan. Leads play, reading, and quiet-time activities, which encourage social interaction between children.
- Under general supervision, conducts activities that provide individual developmental experiences for children.
- Responsible for the health, safety and personal welfare of assigned children.
- Supervises assigned childcare service areas; insures that safety precautions are observed; oversees the use of equipment and materials.
- Cares for and maintains assigned equipment, teaching aids and materials.
- Assists in organizing, promoting and leading diversified child care activities; cooperates and assists in community wide events;
- Provides direction and mentors subordinates and volunteers.
- Substitutes as needed for the immediate supervisor and acts in his or her absence; prepares necessary routine reports;
- Provides a supportive environment for program participants.