Name of Center
Hollywood Y Early Learning Center
3161 Taft Street
The YMCA of South Florida's Greater Hollywood YMCA Preschool is looking for an experienced Preschool Lead Teacher to join our team. The Preschool Lead Teacher is responsible for the day-to-day management of the classroom including the organization, supervision, and safety of the children in their group. Individuals in this position are responsible for planning, supervising, and implementing programs in accordance with policies, procedures, and philosophy, and core values of the YMCA. Job requirement:
- DCF credentials ( 45 hours)
- At least 1 year as a VPK teacher
- Essential Functions:
- Plans and prepares for a learning environment, setting up interest centers, and preparing needed materials and supplies.
- Demonstrates, models, and gear programs to the needs of individual children with concerns for their interests, disabilities, special talents, and developmentally appropriate activities.
- Ensures that the arrangement, appearance, decor, and environment of the classroom are conducive to learning.
- Maintains excellent communication with parents regarding activities, progress, achievements, classroom behavior, and/ or concerns.
- Practices and models appropriate discipline procedures in accordance with center policies.
- Complies with all licensing and grants requirements and regulations.
- Supervises classrooms and children within the program.
- Attends functions such as staff meetings and program events.
- Participates in ongoing professional development training programs.
- All other duties as assigned by Preschool Director or District Executive Director.
- Individual with innate compassion and desire to teach children.
- Strong communication skills.
- High level of patience.
- Has the creativity and flexibility to make every day a positive experience for children.
- Organized and motivated.
- Minimum of one year of experience working with children in a Preschool environment.
- Must maintain current trainings and certifications as required by the YMCA, licensing agencies, funders, and accreditation requirements.
- Bilingual, English, and Spanish, a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to interact with individuals at all levels.
- State-approved CPR/AED certification (must obtain within 30 days of hire)
- Dept. of Children and Families training transcript
- 10 hours in service training certificate
- Staff credential verification letter.