Aftercare and Summer Camp Teacher
Name of Center
Kids In Distress
819 NE 26 ST
$100 SIGN-ON BONUS Kids in Distress (KID) of Fort Lauderdale, FL is looking to hire a part-time Teacher for our Aftercare and Summer Camp program. If you are talented, creative and love working with children, we encourage you to apply! This position is year-round and is responsible for the daily tutorial and educational lessons and daily direct care and supervision of the children in the KID Aftercare and Summer Camp Program. This includes providing and overseeing individualized accommodations for children with academic deficiencies. The teacher must establish and maintain a structured learning environment that is safe, nurturing, and enriching. Must be able to organize and implement the educational activities of the academic program for aftercare and summer camp which includes homework completion, practice and reinforcement of age-appropriate learning skills and ensuring that outcome measures are attained. Qualifications
- Must be willing to work 3 P.M. - 6 P.M. Monday - Thursday during the school year; and 10 A.M. - 2 P.M. Monday - Thursday during the summer camp.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree, plus teaching certification (may be a retired teacher). Must have knowledge of resources available for academic purposes and aid, to design age appropriate programs to meet the needs of each student.
- Valid Florida driver's license and proof of auto insurance is required to drive an Agency vehicle used for transporting children from schools, activities and field trips (if required).
- Basic computer skills including keeping and maintaining database of outcome measures.
- Ability to maintain calm during stressful and potentially violent situations, handle pressure effectively and de-escalate individuals when necessary.
- Must be able to sit, bend, crouch, kneel, or otherwise get down to a non-threatening position, often on the floor, to maximize opportunities to teach, play, and nurture the children. Must be able to lift, hold, and carry children up to the age of 11, weighing up to 100 lbs. Staff members must be able to run, jump, and otherwise engage the children in strenuous activities that are age appropriate for the children.
- CPR and First Aid Certificate or must obtain certification upon hire.