Aftercare / Summer Camp Counselor
Name of Center
Kids In Distress
819 NE 26 ST
$100 SIGN-ON BONUS KID Inc. is looking to hire a full-time Counselor for our Aftercare and Summer Camp program. If you are talented, creative and love working with children, we encourage you to apply. Our Counselors need to have their 45 hours of childcare licensing training to join our team and previous experience working in an aftercare, summer camp, or day care. This position is split working mornings in our Preschool and working in the Aftercare program in the afternoons. If you feel that you would be the right fit for this opportunity, apply today! This position starts at $15/hour. Full-time employees are eligible to receive a generous benefits plan, including medical, dental, life, vision, a flexible spending account (FSA), short and long-term disability, a matching 401(k) plan, holiday pay, and, after the first year of employment, accrued paid vacation time. In addition, you will receive a SIGN-ON INCENTIVE OF 40 HOURS OF VACATION TIME OFF AFTER SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF YOUR 90 DAYS PROBATIONARY PERIOD, TO BE TAKEN WITHIN YOUR FIRST YEAR OF EMPLOYMENT. This position is year-round and is responsible for the daily direct care and supervision of children kindergarten - 5th grade. This includes providing and overseeing individualized accommodations for children with academic deficiencies. As a Counselor, you must establish and maintain a structured learning environment that is safe, nurturing, and enriching. Additionally:
- Plan and implement projects. Assists the children with their homework.
- Transports children as needed.
- Must be able to run, jump, and otherwise engage the children in strenuous activities that are age appropriate for them.
- Maintain positive communication with parents, children, and other staff members.
- Must be able to sit, bend, crouch, kneel, or otherwise get down to a non-threatening position, often on the floor, to maximize opportunities to teach, play, and nurture the children.
- Must be able to lift, hold, and carry children up to the age of 11, weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Must be at least 18 years old and possess a minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent. Associate or Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education preferred.
- Must have completed the 45 hours of DCF Child Care Licensing training (Part 1 & 2) and must have passed the exams.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience working with children from diverse populations.
- CPR and First Aid Certificate or must obtain certification upon hire.