Back to the Basics: Developmentally Appropriate Practice for Infants and Toddlers
About the Event
What is developmentally appropriate practice, and how does it apply to Infants and Toddlers? The training will address the importance of knowing the typical behaviors, growth patterns and development for children birth to 36 months to plan the most appropriate environments and activities to optimize the learning experiences.
By the end of this training participants will:
1. Define and Recognize DAP (Developmentally Appropriate Practice) with Infants and Toddlers
2. Name the Five Key Areas of DAP
3. Recognize the Development of Children from Birth to 36 Months
4. Discover how to Create Effective, Caring Environments/Centers through Planning Intentional Curriculum Use, and Assessing Children’s Development and Learning
5. Recognize the Importance of Developing Relationships with Families
Presenters: Agnieszka Boddie and Jasmine Rhinehart, Quality and Education Coaching Specialists, Early Learning Coalition of Broward County
• Computer, tablet, or smartphone
• Internet Access
• For all smartphones, the GoToWebinar App must be downloaded
Attendance Policy: Participants missing more than 15 minutes of total training time will NOT receive a certificate of participation. Please be prepared to arrive on time and stay until the end of the training. Late participants will not receive credit for the training.
PLEASE NOTE: Registration is required. Participants who arrive 15 minutes late to this training will not be admitted. Participants MUST complete both the post test and training evaluation to receive a certificate of participation.
The ELC of Broward County's BELA shall not discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, disability/handicap, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or age in any aspect of training or professional development. The Early Learning Coalition of Broward County also reasonably accommodates individuals with disabilities/handicaps, and/or religious beliefs.
The Early Learning Coalition of Broward County has no proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material discussed during the learning event.