Child Assessments: “What’s the Next Step….”
About the Event
Child assessment provides valuable information about each child’s interests, strengths, and needs. Ongoing, systematic assessment not only provides information on children’s development and learning, but it helps inform curriculum planning, teaching, and individualizing for each child as well. The purpose of this webinar is to address the process of gathering information/documentation about a child, reviewing the information, and then using the information to plan educational activities that are at a level the child can understand and is able to learn from.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
1. Identify the last two steps of the Assessment Cycle: Interpretation and Instruction
2. Interpret assessment data to current teaching practices
3. Explain how to make decisions based on how children are making progress
4. Describe how to connect the observations to the Florida Early Learning and Developmental Standards – Birth to Kindergarten
5. Identify how to adjust teaching based on child assessment data
Presenters: Agnieszka Boddie and Aida Brar, Quality and Education Coaching Specialists, Early Learning Coalition of Broward County
The ELC of Broward County's BELA shall not discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, disability/handicap, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or age in any aspect of training or professional development. The Early Learning Coalition of Broward County also reasonably accommodates individuals with disabilities/handicaps, and/or religious beliefs.
The Early Learning Coalition of Broward County has no proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material discussed during the learning event.